Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Seizures Has Arrived

Katie came in this afternoon after a trip to the mailbox, and our copy of Seizures arrived today. Pretty good turn around time given that it was released on the 21st in Oz (effectively the 22nd here) so it only took 4 days to get to east jesus Warsaw Missouri. Unfortunately sans the fridge magnet that their website mentioned was included in the Limited Edition CD/DVD pre-order deal. Oh well.

My initial thoughts are that it doesn't grab me as much as their other releases, in no short part due to the different sound, although I was expecting it. Which admittedly Too B Or Not Too B is their only album that clicked instantly. Both United Paper People and Hymns took a bit for me to get into, so maybe that's all that Seizures needs.

There is something really ironic about moving to the US (and more specifically Arizona) being really good for making CD purchases I want to make easier and cheaper, but the second CD I buy once over here is an international order from JB HiFi! Will the need to import CD's end. (With the exception of Kisschasy, the answer is actually inevitably 'yes'. [smile] Give me Zia Records on University and local shows, and typically that should be all I need).

No comments:

Post a Comment