Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Blaze Keeping My From Hearing Strange Young Things

What a major disappointment. Today at 2, the organizers of When in AZ were to be promoting the compilation, with Kirkwood Dillinger and Strange Young Things. Sweet....

Funnily enough, we commented this morning that we wished / hoped that Strange Young Things would be up first so that we had the option of skipping Kirkwood. As it turned out, it would have been really nice if they had of been, as the Blaze's Shoutcast server died right after Kirkwood/Dillinger. Argh!

I know it's college radio, but it's pretty frustrating given that I really wanted to hear Strange Young Things and catch their in studio performance.

At least there is a listening party in a few hours on Radio Phoenix. Probably won't give me my Strange Young Things fix, but at least we should get to learn more about the compilation.

In other news, today has been the first time I've tuned into The Blaze for a while / since being here (can you say 'Hughsnet Fair Access Policy'?? [wink]) and 'The Blaze 1330 AM' definitely sounds weird.

I guess in a few weeks we'll be able to drive to ASU and sit in the car and listen if this were to happen again. [smile]

Now Playing: Not The Blaze 1330 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment