Friday, June 12, 2009

Warsaw Jubulee Days

Today we drove into Warsaw for Jubulee Days. The concensious all around was that it wasn't all that jubulous! That's certainly what Katie and I thought, Irv and Chris seemed to not have any high expectations based on their past years here.

I haven't had that much of a culture shock - I don't know whether it's because of the whole thing with living here being 10 uears in the making, having spent time in the US before, or just a case of with everything that's happened in the last year, but whatever it is, I haven't really had one. However, walking around Jubilee Days I definitely had a sense that I was in small town middle America.

At the end of the day there wasn't much to see beyond a couple of food stands, two tents of arts and craft. Irv had phoned earlier in the day with news that there was a trained monkey, but it seemed that he wasn't appearing until tonight, and we weren't coming back and paying $15 just to give a monkey a penny to put in it's pocket.

As Katie commented, Foundation Day in Union was much better of an experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment